Lighters are the most easily possible devices which aid us to ignite a flame or start a fire on materials such as gas stoves, candles, cigarettes or even fireworks.
But these small tiny little containers have seen a lot of evolution.
From fluid-filled plastic lighters to the classy, hassle-free telsa coil lighters; the timeline of development for these lighters has been lengthy.
The Top Advantages of Using a Coil Lighter
These coil lighters boast of having various pros over the cheap, old-fashioned flames competing with them. For example
- Hassle- free because they can be lighted up even in the windiest of days possible.
- They are compact and thus, very handy to be carried every day.
It is just plain cool with how a coil is used to spark up the fire
- These are rechargeable using a simple USB cord and connecting it to devices like a computer, a laptop or a mobile phone.
- These are environment-friendly as they do not emit any greenhouse gases. The traditional butane fluid-filled lighters emitted greenhouse gases which are behind the issues of global warming.
- They are light on the pocket and durable. Once fully charged, they can run up to 100-300 times on full throttle.
- These are much safer than the other cigarette lighters we see in the markets. Being flame less, these do not burn up things surrounding its flame-like hair, etc.
They look nothing close to the weary, old plastic packaging of the lighter we used to use easier.
But can these be for survival hacks? What are the benefits of these coil lighters in extreme conditions?
As humans, we need to be prepared for everything. You never know what fate has next for you.
Imagine a scenario where you are isolated to someplace, and all you have is a coil lighter.
What can you do to survive?
What should be in your knowledge to make yourself live through these extreme times?
1. Fire up the logs
The first thing you should be doing is collecting dry leaves, papers, and clothes that you can find. Once done, light them up to build a campfire because without that nothing else will work.
2. Create the warmth your body will need
If you imagine an extreme situation, it won’t be difficult for you to understand what variations of climate you might have to see.
In case you are stuck in a place with extremely low temperature, where the cold winds penetrate your body and are about to reach your bones; use that lighter and ignite fire all around you.
Create the warmth you need to survive or else be ready to freeze to death.
3. Cook whatever you get even though our bodies allow us to survive up to three long weeks sans food, you should not take a risk.
Weakness will creep into your body as soon as it becomes deficient of the necessary nutrients. Then? What can you do?
Build a cooking space for whatever good things and meat you find. Your body might survive the lack of food but, it won’t be able to surpass the food poisoning and infections you might catch if you eat uncooked and raw food.
4. Scare the beasts away extreme conditions;
you might even have to face the deadly creatures of the jungle. In such a case, the only savior you have is the log of wood you’ll be able to burn by creating a fire pool with your lighter. It all starts with a spark you see!
5. Purify the water you’re thirsty and anxiously looking for a source of water
but remember that water might be a house full of germs, ready to attack your body and make you sick.
Don’t take a risk and kill the nasty pathogens which may be lurking in the water. Boil the water before even a drop hits your tongue!
6. Open bottles with the heat
If you somehow find glass bottles stuffed with something you can use or consume but can’t open it; place trust on your little lighter.
Create a fireplace with whatever dry things you can find and heat the bottle’s edges over it. It will open in a few seconds. Don’t do this with bottles containing inflammable stuff.
7. Use it to alert others about where you are
Fire is a great way to call others for help. If you feel that there are some people around you, who might be able to help you and pull you out of this situation, don’t waste another moment.
Start burning whatever dry leaves, paper or cloth you find and wave it so that people can see. You never know this might be the way your life will be saved!
8. Cut things up if you have the particular lighters
Every survival specialist knows how essential things with multiple uses are. If you have bought a lighter with attached accessories like a knife or a blade or a key holder ring the, you might be lucky and smart.
In cases where you are stuck in extreme situations, they can be your best friends.
9. Create fire arrows you can’t see anyone around
how are you going to inform others that you’re stuck? Burn the smooth dry stems and use them as fire arrows to alert others of your condition.
10. Create a mini survival kit you are a survival enthusiast
wrap up your lighter with duct tape. It will come in handy in extreme situations. Place sewing needles in it. Add tiny hooks to it.
These few tips will help you keep safe even when it comes to situations you do not anticipate.
Are you ready yet?